This complete backpacking kit rental has everything thee people need for an amazing adventure! Whether it is for a weekend trek or a 125-mile thru-hike, this kit has more award-winning gear than anywhere else.
Only Mountain Side includes this much gear in one package. Our kits are based on the 10 essentials, required gear for any backcountry trip. Not sure what to pack? Checkout our backpackers checklist to ensure you don’t forget anything important. Upgrades to ultralight tents are available.
Trail weight per person is 12-15lbs, depending on how you divvy up the gear.
Is your hiking trip a cold weather adventure? If so, consider adding a foam sleeping pad rental to your backpacking kit. The closed cell construction make for a fantastic thermal barrier when placed between your air pad and sleeping bag.
Mountain Side offers a 20 degree synthetic sleeping bag. If preferred to down, just tell us in the order notes.
Backpacking Kit Rental Includes
- 1 lightweight 3 person backpacking tent
- 3 Big Agnes 25-degree-rated down sleeping bags (people up to 6’4″ tall) and highly compactable
- 3 Super lightweight Klymit Inflatable Air Pads
- 3 Choice of large 65-liter, female-specific 55-liter or youth-sized 50-liter backpacks with rain covers
- 3 Dry sacks
- 2 ultralight weight backpacking stoves
- 2 GSI Pinnacle Dualist and Soloist Cook-sets, one each
- 3 Black Diamond high-performance LED headlamps with batteries
- 1 First Aid Kit (Sealed. If opened there is an additional charge)
- Extra aluminum tent stakes
- 1 Set waterproof matches
- 1 50′ Paracord (rope)
- 1 Military-style can opener
- 1 Biodegradable camp soap
- 1 Plastic backpackers trowel