This complete backpacking kit rental has everything two people need for an hiking trip in the backcountry! Whether it is for a weekend trek or that bucket list thru-hike, this kit has more award-winning gear than anywhere else. You have everything you need other than the food and fuel.
Only Mountain Side includes this much gear in one package. Our kits are based on the 10 essentials, required gear for any backcountry trip. Not sure what to pack? Checkout our backpackers checklist to ensure you don’t forget anything important. Upgrades to ultralight tents are available.
Trail weight per person is 14-15.5lbs, depending on how you divvy up the gear.
Is your hiking trip a cold weather adventure? If so, consider adding a foam sleeping pad rental to your backpacking kit. The closed cell construction make for a fantastic thermal barrier when placed between your air pad and sleeping bag.
Mountain Side offers a 20 degree synthetic sleeping bag. If preferred to down, just tell us in the order notes.
Backpacking Kit Includes
- 1 lightweight two-person tent
- 2 25 Degree Rated Big Agnes Down Sleeping Bags (fits up to 6’3″ tall people)
- 2 Super lightweight Klymit Inflatable Air Pads
- 2 Choice of large 65-liter, female-specific 55-liter or youth-sized 50-liter backpacks with rain cover
- 2 Dry sacks
- 1 Lightweight backpacking stove
- 1 GSI Pinnacle Dualist cook-set
- 2 Black Diamond High Performance headlamp with batteries
- 1 First Aid Kit (Sealed. Additional charge if opened)
- Extra aluminum tent stakes
- 1 Set waterproof matches
- 1 50′ Paracord (rope)
- 1 Military-style can opener
- 1 Biodegradable camp soap
- 1 Plastic backpackers trowel