This complete backpacking kit rental has everything one person needs for an amazing adventure! Whether it is for a weekend trek or a knocking out a 250-mile thru-hike, this kit has more award-winning gear than anywhere else.
Only Mountain Side includes this much gear in one package. Our kits are based on the 10 essentials, required gear for any backcountry trip. Not sure what to pack? Checkout our backpackers checklist to ensure you don’t forget anything important. Upgrades to ultralight tents are available.
Trail weight is 15.5lbs, with options to lighten the load with an ultralight tent.
Is your hiking trip a cold weather adventure? If so, consider adding a foam sleeping pad rental to your backpacking kit. The closed cell construction make for a fantastic thermal barrier when placed between your air pad and sleeping bag.
Mountain Side offers a 20 degree synthetic sleeping bag. If preferred to down, just tell us in the order notes.
- 1 Superlight single person tent
- 1 25-Degree Rated Big Agnes Down Sleeping Bag (fits up to 6’3″ tall people)
- 1 Super lightweight Klymit Inflatable Air Pad
- 1 Choice of large 65-liter, female-specific 50-55-liter or youth-sized 50-liter Mountainsmith backpack with rain cover
- 1 Dry sack
- 1 ultralight weight backpacking stove
- 1 GSI Pinnacle Soloist cook-set
- 1 Black Diamond High Performance headlamp with batteries
- 1 First Aid Kit (Sealed. Additional charge if opened)
- 1 Extra aluminum tent stakes
- 1 Set waterproof matches
- 1 50′ Paracord (rope)
- 1 Military-style can opener
- 1 Biodegradable camp soap
- 1 Plastic backpackers trowel